Hi Jonathan,

I guess these little surprises will be common to us all soon enough.
McMann's index was digitized by Google under their Google Book Search
project. I don't think there is any way to know from the search
interface, from which library the original volume was digitized. It
is important to note that this title is still under copyright so
Google does not offer a "full text" version, but a preview that
allows something like 20 pages viewed. Some searches for artists will
only bring up a notice that the entry resides on a certain page but
access is restricted, in other words, it is not part of the preview.
I am not sure how you might handle this in a catalogue record as the
book preview is not really the full-text of the book, but just a sampling.

I know this doesn't answer a lot.

Best,

Kraig

Kraig Binkowski
Head Librarian
Reference Library and Photograph Archive
Yale Center for British Art
1080 Chapel Street
P.O. Box 208280
New Haven, CT 06520-8280