From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Edith Crowe
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Artists using "green" resources

I have a grad student in our CADRE Institute (http://cadre.sjsu.edu/) who is trying to put together a proposal for a public art sculptural project that can somehow measure climate change/global warming. She has no science background, so this is a real challenge. I've pointed her toward our engineering resources and am trying to find someone in our Meteorolgy Dept. who might be interested in helping her out.

The other portion of her question is quoted below, and it's a tricky one to research, because a lot of the potentially useful terms aren't subject headings but pull up a lot of false drops as keywords. I've been finding mostly Third World artists (OK), or stuff that focuses on design or K-12 art projects (not what she wants). I'll continue to plow ahead but if any of you well-informed folks out there know of artists who might fit this definition, I'd be grateful for some proper names...or any other advice. I've been looking in Art Full Text, ArtBib, DAAI.

"I am looking for Contemporary, Modern or Post-Modern artists that have not just repurposed art but have also used material such as solar panels, bamboo, recycled tires, alternative and green renewable resources."

Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | [log in to unmask]
Art & Design Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)
__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask] __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]