Dear ARLIS,
Thank you for ALL the replies to my question.  Several people asked me
to post the list--so below are 9 helpful suggestions.  I will pass them
all along to the student.  Thanks again, Kim Collins

1) Jones, Lois Swan. Art Information: Research Methods and Resources.
3rd ed. Publication Information: Dubuque, Iowa : Kendall/Hunt Pub. Co.,
c1990. See Appendix B and D.--Pages 299-328 consist of dictionaries of
art terms in French, German, Italian, etc.

2) Multilingual glossary for art librarians : English with indexes in
Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Swedish. München ; New
Providence : K.G. Saur, 1996

3) Ian Sheridan's An Art Librarian's Glossary, published in 1984 by the
IFLA Section of Art Libraries. It's a dictionary type book of art terms
in English, French, Spanish, Italian, and German

4)Haggar, Reginald George.  A dictionary of art terms:  painting,
sculpture, architecture, engraving and etching, lithography and other
art processes, heraldry. [1962] reprinted 1984
According to Marmor and Ross’ Guide to the Lit. of Art History 2:
“Glossary contains separate lists of French, German, and Italian terms,
With English equivalents, useful for students preparing for graduate
art history language exams.

5)Elsevier's dictionary of architecture in five languages : English,
French, Spanish, German, and Dutch / compiled by J.-P. Vandenberghe.
Amsterdam ; New York : Elsevier Science Publishers, 1988.

6) Das Grosse Fachwo?rterbuch fu?r Kunst und Antiquita?ten /
herausgegeben und zusammengestellt von Christian Mu?ller, unter
Mitarbeit von Roger Franz ... [et al.].
Other Title:         Art and antiquities dictionary.        Publisher:
        Mu?nchen : Weltkunst Verlag, c1982-        ISBN: 3921669006
(Bd. 1)

7)Dictionnaire polyglotte des termes d’art et d’archeìologie. Edition:
[1. eìd.] /Reìau, Louis, 1881-1961
Publisher: Paris, Presses universitaires de France, 1953

8) Elsevier's dictionary of art history terms: in French-English and
English-French / compiled by Jean-Pierre Michaux = Elsevier's
dictionnaire des termes d'histoire de l'art : français-anglais et
anglais-français / par Jean-Pierre Michaux.  Amsterdam ; Boston :
Elsevier, c2005.

9) That sounds a lot like a pamphlet I used to use that was an aide for
art catalogers.  If you put dictionaries--polyglot—art into WorldCat,
you’ll put up similar stuff.