Susan Jane Williams Independent Cataloging and Consulting Services [log in to unmask] Cell: (203) 927-3640 Sales Representative, Archivision, Inc. [log in to unmask] Free: 866-712-4627

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:44:28 -0700From: [log in to unmask]: Re: [ARLIS-L] graduate courseTo: [log in to unmask]

Hi Alessia

I took a great course at Indiana University on the historiography of western art given by Eugene Kleinbauer.  Our primary text was written by the professor himself and I would recommend his book called Modern Perspectives in Western Art History: An Anthology of 20th-century Writings on the Visual Arts
 It can be found at http://www.utppublishing.com/pubstore/merchant.ihtml?pid=8569&step=4
That book can reference you to other sources or you could contact Kleinbauer himself for some ideas [log in to unmask]

Best of luck!

Trish Rose-Sandler
Metadata  Librarian

UC, San Diego
Geisel Library
9500 Gilman Drive 0175K
La Jolla, CA  92093-0175
(858) 822-0611

From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alessia Zanin-YostSent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:57 AMTo: [log in to unmask]: [ARLIS-L] graduate course

Hello to all,
Yes, this is my second posting today, this one more from the point of view of collection.
The School of Art & Design has decided to offer an art & methodology course at the graduate level. The course will emphasize research of key people/concepts/theories in art history (ex: feminism, Gombrich, Wolfflin, Marxism, semiotics, Greenberg.. .). I have been asked to develop a collection (this is a brand new course, we have some material, but not much, plus it is dated).
I find myself a little bit overwhelmed because there is just so much! Plus I am in a time crunch as I need to submit this list in two weeks….
I would like to know if you could suggest me few titles that are a must have.
Thank you again for all of your help
Alessia

Alessia Zanin-Yost
Reference Librarian/ Liaison to the Visual & Performing Arts
Western Carolina University- Hunter Library
176 Central Drive
Cullowhee, North Carolina 28723
Phone: 828 227 3398     Fax: 828 227 7380
Email: [log in to unmask]

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask] __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]