From: AASL-L List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Martin
Aurand
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 8:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New AASL Web Site!

I'm very pleased to announce the launch of the new AASL Web site
<http://www.architecturelibrarians.org/ >

The new site has been initiated by AASL webmaster Ann Lindell.  Note
that we
now have our own domain name, and a simple but flexible template for
posting
information.  The old site < http://library1.njit.edu/archlib/aasl/>,
which
is no longer fully functional, will disappear as we transfer content to
the
new site.  Many thanks to Jim Robertson for supporting the site for many
years.

Key content already on the new site includes:

Officers for 2007-2008
Committees [new!]
AASL Constitution & Bylaws
Membership Form
Core list of periodicals
AASL listserv
etc.

The primary content that remains to be transferred to the new site is:
AASL newsletters
Directory of Architecture Libraries
Past Annual Meetings

Look here soon for information about the upcoming 2008 AASL annual
meeting
in Houston.

I'm sure that you join me in thanking Ann Lindell for her hard work in
making this site a reality; Matt Cook for laying the groundwork; and the
AASL executive Board (Janine Henri, Jennifer Benedetto Beals, and John
Schlinke) for their input.

Martin

Martin Aurand
AASL President 2007-2008
Interim Head, Arts and Special Collections
Architecture Librarian
Archivist, Carnegie Mellon University Architecture Archives
University Libraries
Carnegie Mellon University
4909 Frew Street
Pittsburgh, PA  15213-3890

[log in to unmask] / phone: 412/268-8165 / fax: 412/268-7148