Trying to help a colleague...

Dear Colleagues,

I was going through the artifacts section of my collection recently when
I came across a "mystery guest" that I am still trying to identify.

The piece appears to be an artists book, with wooden boards backed with
blue silk, made (I suspect) by or for Holocaust survivor(s). The front
board has a carved representation of a human arm on the front, including
a number. The title page reads "Holocaust: Dance of Death Against the
Jew Even God Does Not Want Me", and the rest of the "pages" consist of
photocopies and/or microfilm print-outs of a text that is rendered in
calligraphy and heavily illustrated mounted on paper and "framed" by
shiny tape. A metal frame is visible within some of the photocopies.

Here's what I do know: At some point in time it got wet, and several of
the pages have been rendered unreadable by water damage and it was found
in the trash pile in the JCC in West Orange, NJ +- 13 years ago by one
of our Board members, and that was when it was brought to my archives.
(I've featured it in our newsletter recently, hoping to jog some
memories; so far, no dice.) I have also checked with our local Holocaust
Council, the Auschwitz Museum and other similar museums in Germany, and
the United States Holocaust Museum, and so far no-one has recognized the
piece.

There are pictures of it here:
http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/jhsmw/, and I can take more if
necessary.

Mainly what I am seeking is more information about the original text
(title, author, location), if there is any to be found, as well as clues
as to the identity of the creator of the book.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received,

Jennifer McGillan, Archivist
Jewish Historical Society of MetroWest
901 Route 10 East, Whippany, NJ 07981
973-929-2995 (ph) | [log in to unmask]