Colleagues

At Virginia Commonwealth University, Yuki Hibben and I are examining the possibility of creating a specialized arts browsing section in the library for the art community on campus. This space will house hand selected new titles and may also serve to highlight selections from our exhibition catalog collection.

We were wondering if anyone has implemented anything similar in their libraries.  What problems have you faced?  Did you create a new location code for these titles?  How many titles have you placed in the browsing area at a time and how long to you leave them there before returning them to regular stacks?  Any thoughts or anecdotes you would be willing to share will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kristina Keogh and Yuki Hibben

--
Kristina Keogh