I have a grad student in our CADRE Institute (http://cadre.sjsu.edu/) who
is trying to put together a proposal for a public art sculptural project
that can somehow measure climate change/global warming. She has no science
background, so this is a real challenge. I've pointed her toward our
engineering resources and am trying to find someone in our Meteorolgy
Dept. who might be interested in helping her out.

The other portion of her question is quoted below, and it's a tricky one
to research, because a lot of the potentially useful terms aren't subject
headings but pull up a lot of false drops as keywords. I've been finding
mostly Third World artists (OK), or stuff that focuses on design or K-12
art projects (not what she wants). I'll continue to plow ahead but if any
of you well-informed folks out there know of artists who might fit this
definition, I'd be grateful for some proper names...or any other advice.
I've been looking in Art Full Text, ArtBib, DAAI.

"I am looking for Contemporary, Modern or Post-Modern artists that have
not just repurposed art but have also used material such as solar panels,
bamboo, recycled tires, alternative and green renewable resources."

Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | [log in to unmask]
Art & Design Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)