From: "Katherine Cowan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:32:06 -0400
To: "'Mary Louise Castaldi'" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: [ARLIS-L] CSA Databases

Mary Louise,
If you can summarize any responses for the list, I’d appreciate it.

We currently have individual links to our databases, by title, although there is one joint link to search Art Full Text and Art Index Retrospective together (both from WilsonWeb).

We also have DAAI from CSA and several Proquest databases (CSA and Proquest now merged, no?), and several databases from Ebsco that can be searched together, although we don’t display a link for that – the patron would have to discover it on their own, or we would have to show them.

We do not have a federated search engine at this time, and aren’t eager to get one.

Interesting question! It is a balancing problem. Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
Kathy Cowan
Senior Reference Librarian, Decker Library
Maryland Institute College of Art
Tel: 410-225-2714