[Please pardon any duplication of this message.]

I'm pleased to announce that I have updated the Simeon Solomon Research Archive (http://www.simeonsolomon.org).? This particular update is rather special, as the SSRA is celebrating its seventh anniversary.? As many of you know, I created the SSRA in September 2000 with annotated secondary sources.? Since that time I have expanded it to include many more citations, digital images, full-text documents, and other information.? New to the SSRA is a brief essay I have written entitled "The Simeon Solomon Research Archive: Reflections on Seven Years," which focuses not only on the web site but also the development of studies on Solomon over these years.? This essay also will appear in a future issue of PRSUS: The Pre-Raphaelite Society Newsletter of the United States.

In addition to the essay, other updates include:
** 14 new secondary sources, including 2 related to Rebecca Solomon
** 3 new digital images of works: 2 by Simeon Solomon, and 1 an engraving after a painting by his sister Rebecca Solomon
** 4 full-text transcriptions of reviews from the Art Journal and the Illustrated London News
** a new background color
** complete updating of all external image and text links

My thanks as always to Julia Kerr for continuing to host http://www.simeonsolomon.org, and my thanks to Paul A. Ranogajec for assisting me?in the updating of the web pages.

As always, if you have any comments about or suggestions, please email me at [log in to unmask] or at this address.

???? -- Roberto

Roberto C. Ferrari
PhD Student, Art History, CUNY Graduate Center
Associate Museum Librarian, Metropolitan Museum of Art