Not so long ago, I referred again to the report of the "Inaccessible Domain" Materials Working Group (last updated 1997) -- http://www.rlg.org/indomat.html -- and then saw a message a couple days ago about the closing of the RLG website at the end of September. I asked if such reports as the Indomat one would be available after this month. The RLG website has been crawled and archived at OCLC but documents will not generally be available. It was suggested that we copy/paste such reports into word processing if we felt an archival need to refer to them.

We all may have RLG/RLIN documentation that we continue to refer to, and imagine we might continue to do so even though RLG itself has been absorbed. I was assured (and I feel assured) that RLIN field documentation has been adequately absorbed into OCLC field documentation. cf http://www.oclc.org/bibformats/en/7xx/790.shtm for RLIN's 796, 797, 798, 799

Sherman Clarke
New York University Libraries