Although focused on urban design, the book "Time Saver Standards for Urban
Design," McGraw Hill, 2001 is very useful.  The book intends to provide
"the knowledge base and shared values, principles, and practices that
define the discipline of urban design." It features classic essays and
texts written by experts in each area (ranging from "new urbanism to
pedestrian zones, boulevards, traffic calming, or case studies in urban
design). In addition to these texts, written by experts in the field, each
entry includes an abstract and references for additional reading.  I
recommend it often, and find it's often "missing" from its reference
location, so I know it's frequently used.

--On Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:55 AM -0400 Cindy Pramann
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Stan,
>
> Check out this web site www.acanthuspress.com
>
> At Acanthus Press we publish exceptional books on American architecture,
> including monographs, classical architecture and interior design.
>
> If you have any questions, please contact me directly.
>
> Regards,
> Cindy Pramann
> Sales Manager
> Acanthus Press
> 54 West 21st Street
> Room 408
> New York, NY 10010
> 212.414.0108 (tel)
> 212.229.1959 (fax)
> 800.827.7614 (outside NYC)
> www.acanthuspress.com

Dorothy S. Tao, Associate Librarian
University at Buffalo

Hayes Hall, Rm. 183
Buffalo, NY 14214-3087
tel: 716-829-3505; fax: 716-829-2780

324 Lockwood Library
Buffalo, NY 14260-2200
tel: 716-645-2814, ext. 438; fax: 716-645-3859
e-mail: [log in to unmask]