Dear George,

There are three essays in the recently published Art Museum Libraries
and Librarianship that deal with collecting ephemera. The chapter is
titled: "The Invisible Made Visible: Collecting Ephemera in the Art
Museum Library" and the essays by Margaret Crocker Ford, Barbara
Rominski, and Sharon Wasserman are very informative. There was also a
panel devoted to ephemeral collections at the 2006 National Museum
Publishing Seminar in which I participated. I don't think these
papers are published but I would be happy to share mine with you.
There seems to be quite a bit more on the subject coming from the UK
- perhaps the John Johnson collection and the Ephemera Society make
the topic germane for British librarians.  Finally, the Artist Files
Working Group of ARLIS/NA is working on an ambitious project that
would provide guidance and resources for making one form of collected
ephemera available to users. The 2005 and 2006 meeting minutes for
this group are available at:
http://www.arlisna.org/news/conferences/2005/proceedings/dg_artistfiles.pdf
and

http://www.arlisna.org/news/conferences/2006/proceedings/wg_artistfiles.pdf

Best wishes,

Kraig

Kraig Binkowski
Head Librarian
Reference Library and Photograph Archive
Yale Center for British Art
1080 Chapel Street
P.O. Box 208280
New Haven, CT 06520-8280