I too love the printed directory.  I grab my old print directory all the time. I agree with all the suggestions but perhaps there are people who do NOT want the printed directory so let it be an option on the membership renewal form to NOT get it.  That way copies don't have to be printed for those who don't want them.
Emily

Emily Roth
Associate Museum Librarian
The Nolen Library
Ruth and Harold D. Uris Center for Education
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1000 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY  10028