We are thinking about establishing a "Friends of the Library" group for
the Ingalls Library at the Cleveland Museum of Art and would like some
information from other museum libraries that have such a group.  In
particular I would like to know the following:

1)  When was your group established?
2)  What are the requirements of becoming a member of the group?
3)  How many members do you have?
4)  What are the benefits to the members?
5)  Who administers the group?  If it is a library staff member, who on
staff does this?  Is it part of their job description?
6)  What is the group's relationship to the museum development
department?
7)  What do you feel are the benefits to the library of such a group?
8)  What do you feel are the cons to such a group?

Please reply directly to me.  I am preparing a position paper and would
appreciate replies by the 1st of September. I will gladly summarize
replies for the list if there is interest.

Thanks!
Betsy Lantz
Director of Library and Archives
Ingalls Library