With apologies for cross posting

Working Digital Assets

This day-long symposium will explore the current state of managing,
sharing, and preserving digital assets.

Date:  Monday, September 24, 2007
Location:  San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
Cost:  No registration fee

Who should attend?

Museum, library, and archive professionals; students; anyone who
produces, uses, and/or manages digital assets.

Join us in considering questions about digital assets such as:

* Can we plan for 50 years and 5 years at the same time?
* What makes a 'quality, useful, and/or trustworthy' asset?
* What are the hot-button rights issues?
* Where are the innovative, creative, and/or resourceful solutions?
* How can we stay ahead of the technological curve(s)?

Partial list of speakers:

Joseph Busch, Taxonomy Strategies LLC;
Patricia Cruse, California Digital Library;
Gary Fong, Genesis Photo Agency;
Hannah Frost, Stanford University Libraries;
Sue Grinols, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco;
Brewster Kahle, Internet Archive;
Wendy Levy, Bay Area Video Coalition;
Clifford Lynch, Coalition for Networked Information;
Angelo Sacerdote, Bay Area Video Coalition.

Updated information will be distributed in early September.

For more information, contact the Collections Information and Access
Department at [log in to unmask]

The information contained in this electronic mail message (including any attachments) is confidential information that may be covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC Sections 2510-2521, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above, and may be privileged.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify me and delete the original message.  Thank you