Greetings!

The University of Utah's Marriott Library Fine Arts and Architecture
division has a collection of boxed architectural prints, donated to us
many years ago, for which we would like to find a good home.

The prints are housed in book-shaped cases with brown leather binding
and marbled faux pages. They measure 14-7/8" x 12-1/4" x 1-3/4".  The 23
cases are worn on the binding and the top and bottom edges.  Inside each
case are architectural prints (1693 total) dated from 1887-1905.  Most
are black and white with a few in color. A few of them are mounted on
poster board or canvas.  The prints are primarily from "American
Architect and Building News."  Prints from the following architectural
journals are also represented:

* Inland Architect and News Record
* American Architect
* Architectural Review
* Technology Architectural Review
* Architectural Reprint
* Topical Architecture by the American Architect and Building News, Co.
* The Building Budget
* The Engineering Record Illustrated Series
* Brickbuilder

The spine of each "book" housing has the title "Plates" and a volume
number.  Numbers punched into or penciled on most of the prints appear
to correspond with volume numbers. The majority of the cases we have do
not have complete sets of prints (and vice versa).  If you are
interested in seeing a compiled list of which boxes and how many prints
from which sets we own, please contact me.

If you are interested in acquiring these materials, we request only
reimbursement for shipping costs. We prefer that all the items be sent
to one library, but are willing to consider splitting up the collection.
Please contact me directly if you have any further questions or would
like to acquire the materials in this collection. They will discarded
after August 31, if unclaimed.

Greg Hatch
Head of Fine Arts & Architecture
Marriott Library, University of Utah