ARLIS/NA members,

I am sending this message on behalf of my colleague, Barbara Walden.  Please respond directly to her if you are interested in her research project on the topic of ARTstor.  Her email is:  [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Lyn Korenic, Ph.D.
Director, Kohler Art Library
800 University Avenue
University of Wisconsin
Madison, WI  53706
tel: (608) 263-2256
fax: (608) 263-2255
email: [log in to unmask]

Dear Art Librarians:

For a research study involving digital rights management and academic
library electronic resources, I am interested in talking with art
librarians who are actively involved with ARTstor.

The purpose of the research is to understand the process by which
librarians, publishers and other interested parties develop access and
use terms, how specific access and use terms come to be perceived as
acceptable or unacceptable by librarians, and how those perceptions may
vary across types of libraries.  We are looking at  ARTstor as an
exemplar of this process.

If you are interested in participating in this research, you will be
asked to participate in a  phone (preferred)  or email interview
regarding the process by which you  decide that certain access and use
terms are  acceptable. Your participation will last approximately 45
minutes.  This study will result in academic publications; however
personal (individual names) will not be used and library and institution
names will not be used.

If you would consider participation but have questions, or if you would
like to participate, please contact:

Barbara Walden
608 265-5885

Thank you very much for your interest;  I look forward to hearing from you!

Barbara Walden
PhD student, School of Library and Information Studies,
Western European Studies librarian,
University of Wisconsin-Madison