One of our art history profs is seeking "data on language requirements for the art history B.A. Ultimately what we need is the percentage of degree programs that do and do not require foreign language, taking into account immediate program as well as university requirements."

Has this been put together in any way that won't take forever to extract the data? CAA, Peterson's, etc. have published directories of MA & PhD programs but I see nothing for the BA. College Source Online forces you to look through the entire school catalogue, and doesn't include a BA in Art w/Art History Concentration (such as we offer) in their definition of art history anyway. ERIC, Worldcat, and Art FullText have been unhelpful.

Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | [log in to unmask]
Art & Design Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)