Surrey library at Simon Fraser University (Canada) has PC games and
equipment.  More information about the collection is available on the
Surrey campus website at:  http://www.lib.sfu.ca/about/surrey/gamesroom.htm

Students enrolled in the School of Interactive Arts and Technology at
SFU Surrey take courses in design and art, including digital
interactive media, knowledge management, human computer interaction,
computer games and technology-based art.

If you need any more information about the games collection, you
could contact the Surrey campus librarian, Natalie Gick at
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

Carole Goldsmith
SFU Library

>Date:         Sun, 22 Jul 2007 01:07:39 +0800
>From: Anandasivam Geraldene Kasthuri <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [ARLIS-L] PC Games in the Library
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>I would like to know the different views for having PC games in the
>library.  If any of your libraries have games, how do various
>libraries offer the use of these to the students?  Are individual
>games loaned out or are they for library use only. We have acquired
>10 PC games; such as "War Craft", "Prince of Persia", "Far Cry" etc.
>and we are not certain if we should have a gaming station in the
>library on dedicated PCs or loan the games out to the users.
>
>Would appreciate your views and suggestions.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Kasthuri Anandasivam
>Art, Design & Media Library
>Nanyang Technological University
>ART 01-03
>81, Nanyang Drive
>Singapore  637458

Carole Goldsmith
Unit Head, Media Resource Centre &
Liaison Librarian, School for the Contemporary Arts
Room 3102, Bennett Library
Simon Fraser University         Voicemail: New number: 778.782.3268
8888 University Drive                   FAX:        New number: 778.782.6926
Burnaby, BC   Canada   V5A 1S6  Email:      [log in to unmask]