Dear Colleagues,

I got the following request from my Dean, and have found nothing on this artist in Art Full Text, ArtBibModern, or DAAI. Googling brings me CVs and such but nothing in English and all apparently all on .com sites (and I don't read Spanish). Before I drag in one of my Spanish-literate colleagues, are any of you actually familiar with this artist? Re reputation--is the lack of critical publications in the sources above a result of lack of reputation or the fact that he's Cuban and therefor his work is not easily accessible to US audiences, media, etc.?

"I am looking for anything you can find about Favier Felipe Mesa, a Cuban artist.  He is contemporary - young man in his 30's I think.  I am interested in knowing his biographical information as well as his reputation as an established artist - are his paintings in any museums in Cuba or elsewhere, etc. What kind of analysis or reviews of his work is available."

Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | [log in to unmask]
Art & Design Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)