Sue,

A whole bunch of us librarians are now on Facebook and we have been sharing
information on these new strategies, including using You-Tube as a vehicle to
reach students.  Are you on Facebook?

Miguel

Miguel Juarez, Assistant Professor
Librarian/Curator
Cushing Memorial Library & Archives
Texas A&M University, MS5000 TAMU
College Station, TX  77843-5000
(979) 845-1951

>>> Sue Maberry <[log in to unmask]> 7/27/2007 12:35 PM >>>
The Teaching Learning Center at Otis College of Art and Design is
experimenting with creating YouTube videos to help teach info lit skills
for our freshmen in particular. Our most recent one features an art
history professor discussing some of the criteria useful in determining
whether the information found in periodicals is scholarly, popular, or
professional. Although not really scripted, she has worked closely with
me for years on teaching info lit skills to students in the first year
required art history course. She spoke extemporaneously for 55 minutes
and we edited it down to 10.

I am interested in what others are doing as well. My hope is to find a
visual and/or interactive tutorials for each of the skills we want our
students to learn and pull them together on this page:
http://library.otis.edu/informationliteracy.html

I'd be interested to hear about interactive or video tutorials that any
of you may know about. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sue

Sue Maberry

Director of Library and Instructional Technology

Otis College of Art and Design