Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. Original printing?

Colleagues:

I am cataloging some "rare" material for our special collections.  I came across this one portfolio of prints that I can't find the correct record for.  The record that is in OCLC and is similar to that of other libraries I've looked at is:

OCLC 3109542

100 1    Stanton, Jesse Earl, ǂd 1887-
245 1 0 By middle seas : ǂb photographic studies reflecting the architectural motives of various cities on the mediterranean, with a frontispiece in water-color entitled Gibraltar / ǂc by J.E. Stanton ; with a foreword by Antholl McBean and an introduction by Arthur Brown, Jr.

260     San Francisco : ǂb Printed for Gladding, McBean & Co., Los Angeles Pressed Brick Co., ǂc 1927.
300     xi p., lxxvii leaves of plates : ǂb chiefly ill. ; ǂc 32 cm.

What I have is a portfolio of individual plates that is 47 x 35 cm. and it has just the plates - no title page, etc.  The only way I knew the title was from the container - and the "spine" was unattached but fortunately still with the box.  I had our ILL person obtain the title page and preface material for the book above, hoping it would say it was a reprint from our copy - which it didn't.  The intro did give the list of plates which corresponds to our plates.

I presume what we have was originally produced by Gladding, etc. but when, where, etc.?  Did the original have the foreword and intro??

Does anyone out there have this in their collection that they might be able to give me some clues?  I know I could do it, i.e.., [Gladding, McBean & Co., n.d.] and so on.  But I can't believe, since so many libraries seem to have the 1927 version, that no one else has the portfolio edition.  Besides, it's more fun to do some detective work!

Thanks,

Marti

Marti Pike
Library Cataloger