All,
Carnegie Mellon Libraries are converting their collections from Dewey to LC
this summer.
In redesigning my intro classes, I'm trying to gauge how the 709's esp.
709.04  (often the catch basin for
interdisciplinary/multi-displinary/alternative/new media works) is handled
in LC.
My classes will most likely occur before or during the time when relabeling
takes place, so I have to project for the students what they might find in
various scenarios.
Does LC deal with non-traditional art media more effectively than Dewey
does?
Any insights you have or any literature you can point me to that deals with
the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Mo

Mo Dawley
Art and Drama Librarian