All,

A friend of mine recently sent me an interesting pamphlet put out by the National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc. (NBER Working Paper No. 12928 Issued in February 2007), entitled "Who Were the Greatest Women Artists of the Twentieth Century? A Quantitative Investigation."  It was written by David Galenson of the Dept. of Economics, Univ. of Chicago.

This seems a different take on the subject than I've seen in the past. He provides a "systematic evaluation of the relative importance of different women artists." For those with an interest, the link to this pamphlet on the NBER website is
http://www.nber.org/papers/12928
E. Lee Eltzroth
Scene South Books, Etc.