I am very pleased to pass on Gary E. Strong’s announcement of Janine Henri’s appointment (see below).

Robert Gore

Visual Arts Librarian

UCLA Arts Library

To all staff:

I am pleased to announce that the UCLA Library has successfully concluded another academic recruitment. Janine Henri will join the UCLA Library as Architecture, Design & Digital Services Librarian on September 17, 2007.

Janine Henri currently serves as Head Librarian of the Architecture and Planning Library at the University of Texas at Austin. She has held this position since 1995, immediately following her tenure as Art Librarian in the Fine Arts Library at UT Austin from 1991–1995. Ms. Henri has paraprofessional experience in the University of California system, having served as Head of the Technical Services Division at UC Berkeley in the Environmental Design Library from 1989 – 1991, as Monograph/Reserve Supervisor in the Environmental Design Library from 1987-1989 and as Reserve Supervisor in the Business/Social Science Library from 1982–1987.  Ms. Henri earned her MLIS from the University of California, Berkeley. She achieved Master’s candidacy in Art History at UCLA and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Design in Crafts from San Diego State University.  Ms. Henri has been a frequent presenter at professional meetings and has published numerous articles and book reviews. She is an active member of several professional associations, including the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA), the Texas-Mexico chapter of ARLIS, and the Association of Architecture School Librarians.

Please join me in welcoming Janine Henri to UCLA.

Gary E. Strong

University Librarian

UCLA Library