From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Lydon, Andrea
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 5:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] compact shelving question

Dear Colleagues

We are currently putting together a brief for a new library/research unit for the National Gallery of Ireland.  We are looking at the possibility of putting compact shelving in our public reading room.  I know these have obvious advantages in terms of space but I have some concerns about how our users would deal with rolling shelves.  I would be very interested in hearing from any of you that have experience using compact shelving in your reading rooms and how it has worked out for you.

Please reply off list

Regards

Andrea Lydon

Librarian

National Gallery of Ireland

Merrion Square West

Dublin 2

Ireland

Tel: 00 353 1 6633543

Email : [log in to unmask]

Treasures from the North: Irish Paintings from the Ulster Museum
14 March - 16 September 2007
Millennium Wing, Level 2
Admission Free

Yeats and O'Malley
28 March - 30 June 2007
Yeats Museum (Beit Wing)
Admission Free

The Fantastic in Irish Art: Images of the Supernatural and the Uncanny
4 April - 12 August 2007
Print Gallery.
Admission Free.

Exhibitions at the National Gallery of Ireland
http://www.nationalgallery.ie/html/exhibitions.html
The information contained in this email and in any attachments is confidential and
is intended solely for the use and attention of the intended recipient(s).  This
information may be subject to legal & professional privilege. If you are not an
intended recipient of this email, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this message or any part of it. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this email from your
computer system(s). This footnote also confirms that this email message has been
swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

Tá an t-eolas sa teachtaireacht ríomhphoist seo agus in aon cheangaltán a ghabhann
leis faoi rún agus tá sé a chuir ar fáil d’úsáid agus d’aire an duine/na ndaoine a
bhfuil sé á s(h)eoladh chuige / chucu amháin. D’fhéadfadh an t-eolas seo a bheith
faoi réir ag pribhléid dhlithiúil agus phroifisiúnta.
Má tá an ríomhphost seo faighte agat trí dhearmad, ní cóir duit an teachtaireacht
seo, no aon chuid di a úsáid, a nochtadh, a chóipeáil, a dháileadh ná a choinneáil.
Má tá an ríomhphost seo faighte agat trí dhearmad, cuir an duine a sheol é ar an
eolas láithreach agus scrios amach chuile chóip den teachtaireacht ríomhphoist seo
as do chóras ríomhaireachta. Dearbhaíonn an fónota seo freisin gur scuab MIMEsweeper
an teachtaireacht ríomhphoist seo ar eagla víoras ríomhaireachta.

The National Gallery of Ireland
Merrion Square West
Dublin 2
Ireland