Hello everyone,
Please forgive the cross-posting with the AASL list.

Andrew Levitt, one of our highly respected professors, has written a book
aimed at guiding architecture students and practitioners through the design
process. He has asked my help in spreading the word about The Inner Studio
to potential purchasers. I'm very happy to do this for one of our School's
most popular and learned teachers. Andrew is a graduate of the AA (London)
and has a Master
of Science degree from Chestnut Hill College (Philadelphia). He's an
Associate Professor in our School of Architecture and also maintains a
practice as a Jungian oriented psychotherapist in Toronto.
If you'd like to order a copy of the Inner Studio, a description of the
content
and ordering information are below.
Thank you.

Michele Laing
Branch Head, Musagetes Architecture Library
University of Waterloo School of Architecture
-------------------------------
Levitt, Andrew. The Inner Studio: A Designer's Guide to the Resources of the
Psyche. Waterloo, Ontario: Riverside Architectural Press, 2007.
$17.50 CDN
ISBN: 9-780978-097813
copies can be ordered from:
Melissa Anderson ([log in to unmask])
UW School of Architecture
7 Melville St. S.
Cambridge, ON
CANADA N1S 2H4

The Inner Studio is about helping architects expand their ability to bring
creativity and imagination into their design work.  Drawing from examples,
anecdotes and exercises built up over many years of teaching in the design
studio at the University of Waterloo School of Architecture, as well as many
years in private practice as a psychotherapist, The Inner Studio gives
readers new pathways for bringing their creative instincts into the act of
designing.
As designers, many of our dialogues and image making faculties begin and
develop in the mind.  The Inner Studio outlines the basic psychological
roots of creativity using diagrams to help locate the designer during the
covert inner phases of the design process. Examples drawn from contemporary
architecture and urban planning serve to assist the reader in comprehending
the patterns and consequences of their design decisions.
A key chapter of the book explores the common obstacles and typical problems
that frustrate us as we attempt to grasp the rich and complex world of
design. Seeing these challenges as valuable allies that can serve to deepen
and mature our design work is a key element of this approach to design.
The Inner Studio is the first book to focus directly on helping designers
express their subjective and often unconscious experiences of the world. It
is intended to help beginners as well as more advanced practitioners develop
design instincts that satisfy our desire to dream and belong in a world that
is both creative and meaningful.