Dear Colleagues:

Since my position has now been posted, (see below)  I thought it was perhaps time to let you all know that I will be retiring as head of the Sloane Art Library at the end of the month.

It has been a pleasure, no, a privilege to know so many learned and spirited colleagues, to mentor bright and motivated students, and to benefit from expert booksellers in building collections.  But after more than 25 years of professional librarianship, and years working before that, I am ready to pursue my own research, spend time with my little granddaughters, hike, travel, and perhaps engage in the upcoming political campaign.

I thank you all, both those I have known in person but also my "virtual" colleagues.  I'll remain an ARLIS member, of course!

Sincerely,

Pat Thompson

http://www.lib.unc.edu/jobs/epa/index.html

Patricia T. Thompson