Hi everyone,

In answer to Ray Anne's question:  Of course I think The New York
Public Library's Digital Gallery (550,000 images), and especially my
unit's part of it (32,000 images) is without parallel. : - )  And the
content added to the gallery grows daily.

http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/
http://digital.nypl.org/mmpco/

As an example: in the Digital Gallery, a search under Asia brings up
658 items; Japan design reaps 132 images; and Japan costume retrieves
87 hits.  Prints (digital or physical) are easily ordered, and
permissions and rights can be arranged through our Department of
Photographic Services and Permissions.

http://www.nypl.org/permissions/newpermissions.html

To market, to market....

--Susan