While everyone is still buzzing with what we saw and learned and discussed in Atlanta, please consider submitting a proposal for the Denver conference [May 1-5, 2008]. I know some of you are already organized, but in the past sharing ideas via ARLIS-L has served both to solicit speakers and to gauge interest in the topic.

Just to get the ball rolling, some topics that people filling out the Atlanta evaluation form mentioned they would like to see next year are: new technology sessions; cooperative/collaborative ventures between different kinds of institutions; collaborations between libraries and visual resource centers; instruction; how to publish in our field; how to keep abreast of the literature; collection development issues; what ACRL, CAA and the like are talking about translated into the field of art librarianship; practical tips and how tos; evaluating user needs; social technologies in teaching; professional renewal; how to create online tutorials; how institutions are approaching various issues and challenges; successes and failures -- and this is just a sampling. There are lots of good ideas out there! Turning them into sessions we can all learn from is the next step!!

Variety, vitality, and venturing into new territory!

--Jeanne Brown and Mary Graham, Denver program co-chairs