If you are attending ALA in Washington this June, please keep reading!

ARLIS/NA is affiliated with the American Library Association. One of the benefits of affiliation is that we can have a presence in the exhibits area, by staffing the Affiliates Booth. If you are interested in contributing some time [one hour? two?] to talk to ALA attendees about ARLIS please let me know. In the past, the experience has been a good one!

Exhibit Hours
Saturday, June 23: Exhibits ribbon cutting, 8:45 a.m.; exhibits open 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday, June 24: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Monday, June 25: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday, June 26: 9:00am – 3:00pm

ALSO, please note that the Affiliates Group [composed of liaisons from a variety of organizations] will be presenting a program on Saturday from 8am - 10am titled "Avenues of Advocacy: Helping Members Make a Difference." Speakers are from the Affiliates Group and will address how their organizations engage in group advocacy. I will serve as moderator.

thanks, Jeanne Brown
ARLIS/NA liaison to ALA