Dear ARLIS/NA Membership,

To those of you who made it to the Atlanta conference, I imagine you
are settling back into your routines, again, at work and home. And to
those of you who were unable to join us in Atlanta, look for the
conference proceedings soon! Plans for next year's conference in
Denver are well underway. Be on the lookout for the call for program
proposals which will be out in the next week or two.

The Atlanta conference was a terrific success with useful and
invigorating programs like the New Voices, Hot Topics, and the joint
ARLIS/NA and MCN sponsored session; and the delightful special events
including the Convocation reception at the High
Museum of Art, and the inspiring personality of the Convocation
Speaker, Michael Luckovich, political cartoonist.

Much praise to the Atlanta Conference Planning Committee for their
stellar performance and to bringing us a little closer to the appeal
of the Southeastern U.S.

The Assessment Task Force Recommendations filtered into all of the
business meetings and I'm sure in dinner conversations and other
venues. The Board Liaisons - to our committees, chapters, divisions,
sections, and round-tables, and various task forces - are in the
process of summarizing what was shared at the meetings concerning the
Assessment Recommendations. The Board will be reviewing those
reports, the data from the blog, and the ARLIS-L messages. Thank you
all for your thoughtful input.

Please be assured that our process for determining next steps will
take all of your wishes, concerns, wisdom and advice into
consideration. We will be balancing the membership feedback with the
research and survey conducted by the Assessment Task Force and
subsequent recommendations.

As I promised at the Membership Meeting, the Executive Board mapped
out a time for when we will be ready to outline some decisions
concerning the reconfiguration of the ARLIS/NA organizational
structure. The Board will be reviewing the feedback from now through
July, and will report to the membership by mid-July. Between now and
then, we will continue to welcome your input.

The Executive Board agreed at our post-conference meeting that it
would useful for each of the Board members to communicate readily
through the ARLIS/NA News and Features Section. We will send an
ARLIS-L message when a piece has been submitted and posted. As
President and spokesperson for the Board, I will be in touch via our
listserv as frequently as necessary and possible.

Please welcome the ARLIS/NA Executive Board for 2007-2008: Cate
Cooney, Northeastern Regional Representative; Susan Koskinen, West
Regional Representative; Marilyn Nasserden, Canadian Regional
Representative; Elizabeth Schaub, South Regional Representative; Amy
Trendler, Midwest Regional Representative; Rebecca Price, Secretary;
Fran Scott, Treasurer; Ken Soehner, Vice-President/President Elect;
Ann Whiteside, Past President.

As I stated at the Membership Meeting in Atlanta, it is with great
honor that I accept the role of ARLIS/NA President and the
opportunity to serve the Society to make a meaningful difference for
all of us individually and to our profession.

Respectfully,
Deborah K. Ultan Boudewyns
ARLIS/NA President, 2007-2008

Art History & Performing Arts Librarian