Friends,

Please let me take a moment to share my happiness that I have a new colleague at Princeton University. The following is the official announcement from our director.

I am delighted to announce that Sandy Ludig Brooke will become the Librarian of the Marquand Library of Art and Archaeology on June 1. Sandy will be coming to us from Williams College, where she is the library’s Head of Acquisitions and Collection Development as well as the chair of the Library Building Committee.  Between 1985 and 1999, Sandy was editor for the Bibliography of the History of Art, the online research tool allied with the Getty Research Institute and the French Centre national de la recherché scientifique. Sandy holds a BA in the History of Art from Northwestern, an MA in the History of Art from Williams College, and an MLS from SUNY-Albany. She did graduate study in the History of Art at Yale from 1982 through 1985, working as a graduate assistant at the Yale Center for British Art and as a Mellon summer research assistant at the Clark Art Institute. She received a year-long travel grant from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1984-1985 and a month-long residency from the Huntington Library, Art Collections, & Botanical Gardens in 1989 to allow her to conduct research on Thomas Gainsborough.

Best, Julie

Graphic Arts Curator

Harvey S. Firestone Library

One Washington Road