Dear colleagues:

I would like to invite anyone interested in the future of the International
Relations Committee (IRC) and possible mechanisms for ARLIS/NA interactions
with our international colleagues to attend our meeting at the Atlanta
conference on Friday, April 27th, at 1:30pm.  We are schedule to meet in
the Peachtree Room.

As you probably know, the future of this committee is in question.  The
ARLIS/NA Assessment Task Force has recommended that the IRC be
discontinued, and that its concerns be addressed by the formation of an
advisory group to the Executive Board.  We will discuss this recommendation
at the meeting in Atlanta.  I would like anyone interested in the Society's
relationships with our international colleagues to participate in this
discussion.  And I would encourage you to review the Task Force
recommendations in order to place the recommendation about the IRC in
context.  You can see the report at:
http://www.arlisna.org/arlismembers/assessment/recommendations.pdf

Thanks for your interest.  I look forward to the discussion.

--Hugh Wilburn
International Relations Committee chair, 2005-2006
Librarian of the Frances Loeb Library
Harvard University Graduate School of Design
www.gsd.harvard.edu/library/