Hello ARLIS-L colleagues,

As the Liaison to SLA, I thought I would tell you that their annual conference looks very exciting this year.  The meeting will be held in Denver, CO from June 3-6, 2007.

The two keynote speakers are Al Gore and Scott Adams!

SLA is focused on Professional Development issues and offers a large number of pre-conference workshops.

The Museum, Arts and Humanities section offers business:

Sessions on, “Managing an Organization’s Cultural Assets” and “Digital Preservation for the Nation.”

And a bit of fun:

Luncheon with Theresa M Szczurek author of PURSUIT OF PASSIONATE PURPOSE; and a Monday night reception and one-woman revue by JoAn Segal “One Old Broad Looks at Life and Death”

For details on the entire conference please visit the website:

http://www.sla.org/content/Events/conference/ac2007/index.cfm

Marianne

Marianne L. Cavanaugh, Head Librarian

Richardson Memorial Library