-- With apologies for cross-posting, some of you may have been following recent postings on the VRA listserv regarding AMICO content in ARTstor. We at ARTstor thought this information would be of interest to ARLIS/NA membership as well. --

Dear Colleagues –

We wanted to take a moment to provide some information about the content from the former AMICO library currently in ARTstor. As part of its 525,000 image library, ARTstor has incorporated approximately 85 percent of the former AMICO library with 84,872 images from over 20 AMICO-contributing museums (please see the list below of museums contributing and the number of images contained in ARTstor). Several of the former AMICO museums are working with us to provide more images from their collections, enhanced cataloging information and/or higher quality images for the records we already have.

In addition to the collections that we build with individual photographers, scholars, special collections at libraries, and photoarchives (such as the Frick and the National Gallery in Washington), we are working with those museums listed below and many that were not a part of AMICO to add their high quality images and data as well. Those museums include: Berlin State Museums, British Museum, J. Paul Getty Museum, Musee Guimet, Museum of Modern Art, and National Museum of Natural History. In addition, through our collaboration with Art Resource, the Scala Archives and the Erich Lessing Culture and Fine Arts Archives, we are regularly adding new high-quality images of museum objects -- these include over 20,000 works from major European museums. Finally, we would note that our collaborations with museums are ongoing and dynamic – as illustrated by our recent launch of Images for Academic Publishing through which the Metropolitan Museum is making available publishable images for scholarly publications at no fee through ARTstor.

ARTstor AMICO Content

Art Institute of Chicago 1313

Asia Society 282

Cleveland Museum of Art 6236

Dallas Museum 1469

Davis Museum and Cultural Center 501

Detroit Institute of Arts   1577

Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco 15618

Frick Collection and Art Reference Library Collection 1577

George Eastman House 4848

Indianapolis Museum of Art 122

Library of Congress 20661

Los Angeles County Museum of Art 1039

Metropolitan Museum 2197

Minneapolis Institute of Arts 4604

Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 13071

Philadelphia Museum of Art 2068

Smithsonian American Art Museum 3988

Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute 4217

Victoria and Albert Museum 1081

Walters Art Museum 600

If you have any questions about the former AMICO collections in ARTstor or any other collections in ARTstor, please contact [log in to unmask] If you would like to receive bi-monthly updates on new collections and features in ARTstor, please subscribe to ARTstor-Announce by sending a blank email to [log in to unmask]

Best regards -

ARTstor