Dear ARLIS/NA Museum Library Colleagues:

In preparation for the Atlanta session, Finding a New Way: Art Museum Libraries of the Future, I would appreciate hearing from any museum librarians who have begun to use outcomes-based evaluation and assessment methods (focus groups/individual interviews/visitors study surveys) to measure the effectiveness of museum library programs.  Many of our academic colleagues are already using these techniques through programs like LibQUAL+ (see:  http://libqual.org/), but I am unaware whether these assessment methods have yet found their way into art museum libraries.  Please contact me OFFLIST if you have experiences to share.

Thanks (in advance) for your assistance!

Allen

Allen K. Townsend
Library Director
Amon Carter Museum
3501 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
817 989 5073
817 989 5079 (Fax)

All opinions are my own and not those of my employer