ATLANTA PERSPECTIVES;  CONVOCATION RECEPTION

Following our 2007 Convocation on Sunday, April 29,  join your
colleagues at the High Museum of Art across Peachtree Street from the
Sheraton Colony Square Hotel (http://www.high.org/).  The Renzo Piano
expansion of the High opened in November 2005 and provides the
centerpiece for the Woodruff Arts Center campus.  In the Anne Cox
Chambers Wing, the Louvre Atlanta exhibits continue:  Kings as
Collectors and Decorative Art of the Kings.  Also on view are Louis
Monza: From Politics to Paradise and Romantic Eye: Drawings and
Watercolors from the Ryals Collection.  Most galleries will be open for
viewing.

Our reception will include a wine and beer cash bar, for which each
attendee will receive one drink ticket. Food buffets will include mini
tacos in salted corn cups and pecan crusted chicken tenders; focaccia
tarts:  pulled chicken, roasted onion, and manchego cheese; artichoke,
kalamata olive, and prosciutto; and wild mushroom, spicy Italian
sausage, and roasted pepper.  Other buffet items include: vegetarian
spring rolls with spicy mustard; penne pasta with fresh asparagus and
roasted garlic crème sauce; assorted domestic and imported cheeses;
marinated olives and cornichons.  There will also be a bread assortment
and the chef's selection of miniature desserts.  Are you hungry yet?!

In addition to visual art and good food, we will socialize accompanied
by the music of the Dwight Andrews Jazz Quartet (reeds, piano, bass,
drums).  Plan to join us and be festive!

Kim Collins and Sandra Still
Local Arrangements Co-Chairs

--
Sandra J. Still, Ph.D.
English and Women's Studies Librarian

PHONE: 404/ 727-1061                FAX: 404/ 727-0408                  EMAIL: [log in to unmask]