I'd like to weigh in on this as well. I agree with Sherman, Bill and
Greg - this is a highlight of the convocation, it is our most
prestigious award and should not be shunted aside. Admittedly I've
never been a big fan of the convocation. The presentation of the
Distinguished Service Award and the Wittenborn Award are the bright
spots that I look forward to - the visuals that accompany the
Wittenborn are of particular interest and a palpable relief from
talking heads. So I guess the question is what IS being done to honor
the winners? And what do we gain by removing this item from the
convocation?

Martha Mahard
Simmons GSLIS
300 The Fenway