Hello friends,

We are currently reconfiguring our public space extensively at the
Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library here at the University of Virginia in
order to provide a more agile and inviting environment for research
in the arts.  We are "rediscovering" the original Great Space first
designed for our 1970's building and focusing on the beautiful
windows on our first floor that have long since been obscured by
reference space and office space.

To that end, we are at present drastically reducing our space
allotted to reference based on online availability and redundancy in
resources.  I would like to ask this group what has happened to such
resources as Thieme Becker and Who's Who in American Art?  Where do
you keep them now?  I am inclined to send them to storage, where they
can be retrieved in a day, given the increasing inclusiveness of
Grove Art Online and others.

And what say all of you?

many thanks,

lucie

Lucie Wall Stylianopoulos
Acting Head, Fiske Kimball Fine Arts Library
Librarian for Art/Archaeology, Architecture and Drama
University of Virginia
Bayly Drive Box 400131
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4131