Dear Colleagues:

As part of a research project, a colleague and I are looking for examples of
how you have incorporated visual literacy into your instruction/information
literacy program.  For our purposes we are defining 'visual literacy'
loosely in terms of the location, evaluation, and effective use of visual
information.

For instance, do you address the concept of visual literacy?  If so, is the
concept presented in classes geared for first year students? What types of
resources do you promote?  Is an understanding of visual resources promoted
across the curriculum or solely to students in such fields as visual arts or
mass communication?  Do you include a component of visual image evaluation?

Any examples or anecdotes you may have to offer will be much
appreciated.  Please
contact me off list.  I would be more than happy to post a summary of

Regards,

Kristina Keogh

--
Kristina Keogh