Here, the main campus of the univ. has two libraries; they have separate
building names, but are jointly known as the Univ. of Hawaii Libraries.
There is a medical school library and a law school library, independent
of each other. They are mostly independent of the univ. libraries; we do
technical acquisitions and cataloging work for them and cooperate in many
other ways. Their librarians report to their deans.

Other collections on campus are called departmental reading rooms and are
independent from each other and the univ. libraries, although there are
some small cooperative projects from time to time.