I wanted to let you know that, after inquiring of
members if any of you had used Access to catalogue
auction catalogues, I received some responses from
librarians who were interested in doing the same and
who asked me to let them know what the response was.
We are now using a database with fields for Catalogue
Number, Auction House, Title of the sale, Date of the
sale, Location of the sale, and 2 fields for Subject
terms.  I'm entering in these fields the artists
names, (when they have many works being offered in the
sale), the name of the Collection when appropriate,
types of media, and periods of art history, etc.
Hope this helps others who wish to do the same.

Mary Stark
Fine Arts Reference Librarian
Beverly Hills Public Library

Be a PS3 game guru.