From: Lucie Stylianopoulos <[log in to unmask]>
Date: December 1, 2006 11:36:23 AM EST
To: "Miller, Ron" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] Full textJournals

Dear Mr. Miller,

Thank you for your contribution to this discussion; it is greatly appreciated.  I believe we all look gratefully to Art Full Text for the material you  have made available to us.  My reference to the obvious and notable exceptions to the paucity of full text was a direct reference to the work of Wilson on this issue and to Art Fulltext.  I should have made a direct reference to Art Full Text.  My comments were directed at both colleagues and vendors to encourage a dialogue on this pressing issue, as well as a Task Force to make it happen.

I am both a Collections librarian and the Art/Architecture/Drama librarian here at UVA.  The libraries here are able to offer most disciplines, except the arts, a myriad of choices and almost every journal in full text.  Our lack of representation with aggregate vendors outside of Art Full Text and Project Muse is glaring and becoming harder to defend in both collections allocations and with patrons.

I do believe that Wilson should be part of this discussion as our first and most helpful partner in the quest for full text access. At present, I am not sure of conversations at ALA, it may be too close to the time, but I do intend to invite all three of you, Wilson, CSA, and EBSCO to the Academic Libraries Division meeting or the Collections Discussion Group at ARLIS Atlanta. Could I forward our conversation here to the list?

thanks,

lucie