Good Monday morning,

I'm consulting for a large organization on a transition to a centralized photo image library.  The money is there for software, hardware and services, but they don't (yet) see the need for a librarian to set up a controlled vocabulary.  I've advised them to do this before trying to ingest tens of thousands of existing records into their new DAM system.

I'm looking for some examples I can provide that will help convince them.  Please share any analogies you find useful in understanding this.  Please also share any links to existing online libraries that provide an example of doing it right (or wrong).

Thanks very much for your help.

Howard Brainen
Digital Imaging Consultant

TWO CAT DIGITAL