From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Kathleen List
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 8:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] Seating Standard

If memory serves me, it is 35 sq. ft per student in art libraries, 25
sq. ft in other academic libraries.  Seating for 20% to 25% of student
FTE is recommended.  Figures are from Planning Academic and Library
Research Buildings.  Philip D. Leighton. ALA, 1999.  When I have a
chance I will check to verify and let you know.

Kathleen

Kathleen List, Director of Library Services Ringling School of Art and
Design 2700 N. Tamiami Trail Sarasota, FL 34234