Dear Colleagues
HELP!  We are trying to put together the ACRL/Arts Section's history as part
of our joint program with the Instruction Section at ALA in Washington, D.C.
next June.  Bur we must have some idea of what we have by mid-January, for
our joint meeting at ALA MidWinter.

I really need to hear from you if you have pictures, memories, personal
involvement, etc. that can help us fill in our history.

I ESPECIALLY NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU EVER HELD THE SECTION'S ARCHIVES.
Maybe we can establish a chain of holders and track these materials down.

We have a terrific resource of  the section's newsletters from Vol. 1, No.
1. (Fall 1985) on the Section's website.  In this first volume, we read that
the Arts archive, dating from "the establishment of the Art Section in 1958"
occupied "...almost a full file drawer.  There is a file for each year of
varying size as well as some general files, such as for the By-laws."  At
that time, the Archivist was Shirley B. Solvick, who, since 1978, had been
gathering the section's materials at the Fine Arts Department of the Detroit
Public Library.

Please help in any way you can.  Reply off list to me--thanks!

Cheers,
--shannon

Shannon Van Kirk
Chair, ACRL/Arts