Good Monday morning,

I'm consulting for a large organization on a transition to a centralized
photo image library.  The money is there for software, hardware and
services, but they don't (yet) see the need for a librarian to set up a
controlled vocabulary.  I've advised them to do this before trying to ingest
tens of thousands of existing records into their new DAM system.

I'm looking for some examples I can provide that will help convince them.
Please share any analogies you find useful in understanding this.  Please
also share any links to existing online libraries that provide an example of
doing it right (or wrong).

Thanks very much for your help.
Howard Brainen
Digital Imaging Consultant