RE:  Winner of 2006 Internship Award of the Art Libraries Society of North
America

The 2006 Internship Award of the Art Libraries Society of North America has
been granted to Martha González Palacios.  Ms. González Palacios plans to
complete her MLIS degree in December at the School of Library, Archival and
Information Studies at the University of British Columbia in
Vancouver.  She also has a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Emily Carr
Institute of Art and Design in Vancouver, and a Bachelor of Architecture
from the Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City.  The award provides $2500
in funding to support interning in a library or visual resources collection
that supports the arts (as well as one year of complimentary membership in
ARLIS/NA.)  During her studies Ms. González Palacios has had experience
working in art libraries and other academic collections but plans to use
the internship to gain experience with an architectural collection.

More than 60 submissions were received for this very competitive
award.  The Internship Awards Subcommittee read many excellent
applications.  We wish to thank all of the applicants for their efforts and
ask those eligible to apply again next year.  It is exciting to see so many
talented people eager to enter our profession.  We encourage them to
continue the pursuit of such promising careers.

Cathy Billings
Art Librarian and Gallery Manager
Brand Library and Art Center

Maureen Burns
Humanities Curator
School of the Humanities
University of California/Irvine

Claire Eike
Library Director, John M. Flaxman Library
School of the Art Institute of Chicago

Angelica Lopez Moyes
Librarian
Salt Lake City Public Library